Full-time, Remote Role
Posted: May 5th, 2023
Full-time Remote Role (with option for it to be a part-time, or contract role)
About the Opportunity:
Imagine having the opportunity to be part of a startup media powerhouse that is changing the world by uniting farsighted leaders to solve the great challenges of our time. We get to support a community of Impact CEOs who are driving scalable market-driven solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. This role isn’t for everyone, so if you’re not a self-starter marketer who is impact-oriented and growth-minded, we suggest you keep searching.
The Growth Marketing Manager is a role for a digital marketing specialist who has experience in building end-to-end integrated marketing campaigns that achieve real results. The ideal candidate loves digital marketing and building touch points that deliver value to all customers. They’re experienced with but not limited to: brand and key messaging development, copywriting, email marketing campaigns and automation, click funnels, digital advertising, nurture series and re-engagement campaigns, web design, SEO, content marketing, API integrations, community building, and social media management. If you have experience in building an end-to-end awards list campaign you might be our next team member.
About Real Leaders:
Real Leaders is the only impact-business magazine and community that influences 15,000 leaders to leave the world far better than they found it. Our membership community (The Impact Collaborative) and global media platform that supports impact CEOs who are dedicated to driving positive change. We do not focus on any political or religious agenda, rather we align with and amplify impact leaders, mostly in various purpose-driven and sustainable business sectors. Founded in 2010, Real Leaders recognized early on that businesses can thrive by being a force for good in the world. Real Leaders is a certified B Corporation, member of the UN Global Compact, and is one of the few remaining independently owned publications.
Our Purpose is to inspire an unstoppable movement of impact leaders.
Our Mission is to unite farsighted leaders to transform our shortsighted world.
Our Vision is a future where every leader leaves the world far better than they found it.
When it comes to marketing, Real Leaders must “keep it real” and that means no fluff, no bate and switch, and no salesy gimmicks that a near-sighted strategy guaranteed to detonate our reputation. We also need someone who is laser-focused and ready to go from day 1.
The Growth Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing Real Leaders Impact content and audience development engagement strategy with a goal of driving qualified leads into our community.
Real Leaders has conducted the most interviews with Impact CEOs in the world via their magazine and Real Leaders podcast and is in a position to be the expert, authority, and most trustworthy source for how to grow an impact company. This role will involve utilizing content to attract impact executives to the Real Leaders brand, and deploying it across all relevant platforms (digital, social media, podcast, etc.) using SEO campaign development, performing keyword research, creating a social media presence and turning website visitors into email subscribers. The Director of Digital Marketing will work closely with the Community Development Manager and Email Marketing Manager to move qualified leads through the marketing funnel, and turn those leads into paid subscribers, awards applicants, and ultimately Impact Collaborative members.
- The Growth Marketing Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for all Real Leaders digital marketing campaigns that help scale a quality Real Leaders community.
- This individual must have developed an effective flywheel content marketing campaign that generate quality referrals.
- The Growth Marketing Manager will need to have detailed experience in email marketing and automation to ensure contacts don’t receive duplicate emails and salesy gimmicks.
- The Growth Marketing Manager will develop partnerships with values-aligned organizations for mutually beneficial results that drive new qualified leads to Real Leaders.
Real Leaders are growing and this is a new role that will grow with the person and with our company, and as such, new opportunities for growth will likely be added to the job description as we move forward together.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, and excited to share inspiring stories that encourage others to be real leaders. Increasingly, great content is what brings people into the Real Leaders ecosystem and engages them with our brand. The Growth Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in the growth and impact of this organization by supercharging the connection between our content and our community.
The Growth Marketing Manager will be charged with developing and executing a digital strategy that brings potential members into the Real Leaders ecosystem at multiple touchpoints.
Ideally, this individual has:
- Quality business writing skills and in-depth knowledge the impact economy
- Growth-minded, willing to learn and is a “self-starter”
- A proven track record of driving qualified leads and/or membership growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, digital media, journalism, communications, content marketing, events, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
- Five years of relevant organic marketing experience with working knowledge of open source content management systems, search engines, and related software tools.
- Worked for an online website, blog or other digital content platform.
- Goal-driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Considerable communication skills — expressed both interpersonally and in their writing.
- Writing, research, editing and analytical skills; basic design skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Experience with these platforms: WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Google ads.
- Work ethic and personality that reflect the 5 core qualities we value at Real Leaders (below).
6 Core Qualities We Value in Our Team at Real Leaders:
- Passionate Consistency – Do what you love and do it every day (flow)
- Fearless and focused – Aims high and goes after it
- Centered and Balanced – Focused on quality of life and reputation
- Selfless and Supportive – Bring others along with you
- Impact-oriented, Growth-minded – Be intentional and always learning
- Integrity and respect – Always do the right thing, especially when it’s difficult
Job location: Virtual
Real Leaders did not need to pivot and learn to work remotely when the pandemic hit, since we have always been a virtual team. All members of the Real Leaders team work remotely from their chosen location in North America. We welcome you to work from any place that you feel comfortable as long as you have a reliable high-speed connection.
This role offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience, and employee benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K plan with a percentage company match, paid vacation and holidays, plus additional health and wellness benefits.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Real Leaders is an advocate for the value of diversity to drive innovation and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support and encourage workplace diversity.