A Ranking of the Top Impact Companies From Around t
What is The Real Leaders Impact Awards?
The Real Leaders Impact Awards is a ranking of positive impact companies across the globe. The awards rank the top companies leveraging the engine of capitalism for greater profit and greater good. These companies are driving a dynamic segment of the economy, bearing a new vision of capitalism, demonstrating that every transaction represents an opportunity for profit and prosperity to manifest.
Who’s Behind The Real Leaders Impact Awards?
Real Leaders and Big Path Capital have partnered to launch the Real Leaders Impact Awards. Real Leaders magazine has been in circulation since 2009 and is the world’s first sustainable business & leadership publication. It aims to inspire better leaders for a better world. Big Path Capital has been called “Impact Investing’s investment bank” and works with the top sustainable and impact companies and funds.
- Recognition. Be recognized as one of the most dynamic, impactful companies in the world.
- Attract Talent. The best talent is seeking jobs that have a positive impact – where they can make a difference.
- Networking. Be part of a group of dynamic brands, using business as a force for good.
- It’s easy. Applying takes only 5 minutes. Just include the positive impact your firm is making and your revenues.
Qualification for the Real Leaders Impact Awards 2021 ranking requires the following:
- Open to companies worldwide.
- The Company must show revenues of at least $1 million in 2019.
- The Company must provide evidence of
positiveimpact for committee review.
Steps to Apply
- Meet eligibility requirements.
- Apply here. This requires 5 minutes.
- Watch your inbox. Ranking notifications will be made in November 2020.
- Get your special Real Leaders awards edition on newsstands starting January 2021, with the rankings and profiles of the honoree companies.
- Attend the Momentum Summit in early 2021, that will convene dozens of positive impact, high growth CEOs. Celebrate at the Momentum Gala with the Impact Awards honorees.
HOW ARE COMPANIES RANKED?
Companies will be ranked based on what we are calling their “Mo Score”. Mo stands for Momentum which equals velocity x mass. If the applicant has not taken the B Impact Assessment, a default score will be applied derived from an average BIA score of the applicant pool. The Mo Score can be increased significantly by taking the B Impact Assessment. The Mo Score is the product of 3-year sales growth % x 2018 revenues x the B Impact Assessment score. Think of this as a company’s momentum for good or even their force for good.
Example: A company had $1 mm in sales in 2016 and $4 mm in sales in 2019 and had a score of 85 on the BIA. The Mo Score would be ($4-$1)/$1 * $4 * 85) = 1020.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
- It’s Easy. Applying takes only 5 minutes.
- Recognition. Be nationally recognized as one of the most dynamic, impactful companies in the country.
- Attract Talent. The best talent is seeking jobs that have a positive impact where they can make a difference.
- Networking. Be part of a group of dynamic CEOs using business as a force for good.
HOW DID THE RANKING COME ABOUT?
A few impact capitalists, including Big Path Capital and Real Leaders got together to help put a spotlight on a dynamic new segment of our economy. These companies bear a new vision of capitalism, challenging the claim of profit and nothing more. They voice a conviction that the engine of capitalism has been squandered, demonstrating that every transaction represents an opportunity for both profit and prosperity to manifest.
WHAT IS THE B IMPACT ASSESSMENT? WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
The Real Leaders Impact Awards utilizes the B Impact Assessment, the impact standard developed by the non-profit B Lab and used by more than 50,000 companies globally, as way to credibly assess the holistic impact of companies.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN APPLYING?
Fill out the initial questionnaire. Provide evidence of positive impact for committee approval.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO APPLY?
A $75 application fee applies.
WILL MY INFORMATION BE SECURE?
Yes, your revenue numbers are used for internal validation only. They will not be shared outside the validation committee and will not be published online or in print.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
View eligibility requirements on the application form link above.
HOW IS REVENUE DEFINED FOR THE RANKING?
We define revenue as gross revenue, less returns and allowances, before any cost of goods sold are deducted. This is the same number that is called for in Box 1c of a corporate income tax return.
DOES MY COMPANY HAVE TO BE PROFITABLE TO BE ELIGIBLE?
No, your company does not have to have positive net income or EBITDA to be eligible.
IS MY COMPANY ELIGIBLE IF IT'S MAJORITY OR WHOLLY OWNED BY A VENTURE CAPITAL OR PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM?
Yes, it’s eligible.
WHAT IF MY COMPANY IS PUBLIC?
Yes, it’s eligible.
IMPACT & REVENUE VALIDATION
WHAT IS REVENUE VALIDATION?
For the ranking to be credible, we carefully verify the top 100 companies for their 2016 and 2019 revenue numbers that are provided.
HOW WILL MY IMPACT BE MEASURED?
The Real Leaders Awards will utilize the B Impact Assessment. If the applicant has not taken the B Impact Assessment, a default score will be applied derived from an average BIA score of the applicant pool.