Full-time, Remote Role
Posted: October 18, 2021
About the Opportunity:
Imagine having the opportunity to be part of a team that is changing the world by uniting farsighted leaders to solve the great challenges of our time. We get to support and interact with the coolest people on the planet, such as Jane Goodall, Muhammad Yunus and many others you may have yet to hear about! We get to do this from anywhere in North America — our team members are located in St. John (USVI), San Diego, Venice Beach, Bend, OR, Greenville, SC, Portland and Santa Monica.
How could you utilize your proven skills in audience development to help invite more purpose-driven leaders into our community and exponentially accelerate the social impact movement? If this opportunity inspires you, please read on.
About Real Leaders:
Real Leaders is a membership community with a global media platform that supports impact leaders dedicated to driving positive change. We do not focus on any political or religious agenda, and are fiercely independent. Rather, we align with and amplify impact leaders, mostly in various purpose-driven and sustainable business sectors. Founded in 2010, Real Leaders recognized early on that businesses can thrive by being a force for good in the world. Real Leaders is a gender-balanced certified B Corporation, member of the UN Global Compact, and is independently owned.
Our Purpose is to inspire an unstoppable movement of impact leaders.
Our Mission is to unite farsighted leaders to transform our shortsighted world.
Our Vision is a future where every generation leaves the world far better than they found it.
In 2020, in the midst of a global pandemic, Real Leaders launched the Impact Collaborative to support our community of purpose-driven leaders and provide them with a gender-balanced, diverse peer group of leaders to collaborate with, learn from, and grow our individual as well as collective impact. As we move into 2022, Real Leaders is growing our Impact Collaborative with new membership options, opportunities, and outreach that will greatly benefit our Founding Members and bring in new ones.
To lead our strategy of driving a qualified audience (i.e. potential members) to our platform, Real Leaders is seeking an experienced audience development specialist to join our team.
The Director of Audience Development will be responsible for developing and implementing Real Leaders audience growth and engagement strategy with a goal of driving qualified potential members into our ecosystem. This role will involve creating new values-aligned content and repurposing existing evergreen content that attracts potential members to the Real Leaders brand, and deploying it across all relevant platforms (digital, social media, podcast, etc) using SEO campaign development, performing keyword research, creating a social media presence and turning website visitors into email subscribers. This role reports to the General Manager, and works closely with the Founding Editor on content strategy, as well as the Email Marketing Manager on lead conversion and the Director of Community Engagement on understanding the needs of our members.
- The Director of Audience Development is responsible for all of Real Leaders social media channels, including posting at a regular daily cadence and engaging respectfully with users.
- This individual will be responsible for paid digital campaigns across social media and search, to drive qualified leads to Real Leaders.
- The Director of Audience Development will be responsible for creating a content/editorial calendar in collaboration with our Founding Editor on seasonal and evergreen topics relevant to leaders; they will create and/or package content and deliver it across platforms with the intention of driving potential members into the Real Leaders ecosystem. (Content could include articles, videos, podcasts, quotes, images, monthly “ones to watch” lists, etc.)
- The Director of Audience Development will develop partnerships with values-aligned organizations for mutually beneficial results that drive new qualified audience and members to Real Leaders.
This is a new role that will grow with the person and with our company, and as such, new opportunities for growth will likely be added to the job description as we move forward together.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, and excited to share inspiring stories that encourage others to be real leaders. Increasingly, great content is what brings people into the Real Leaders ecosystem and engages them with our brand. The Director of Audience Development will play a pivotal role in the growth and impact of this organization by supercharging the connection between our content and our community.
The Director of Audience Development will be charged with developing and executing a digital content strategy that brings potential members into the Real Leaders ecosystem at multiple touchpoints.
Ideally, this individual has:
- A proven track record of driving qualified audience and/or membership growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
- Five to ten years of relevant organic marketing experience with working knowledge of open source content management systems, search engines, Google Analytics, and related software tools.
- Worked extensively for an online website, blog or other digital content platform.
- Goal-driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Considerable communication skills — expressed both interpersonally and in their writing.
- Writing, research, editing and analytical skills; basic design skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Experience with these platforms/software: WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Google ads, Photoshop.
5 Core Qualities We Value in Our Team at Real Leaders:
- Committed: I am passionate about creating a world I want to live in.
- Innovative: I am a problem solver who strives for exponential results.
- Integrity: I am trustworthy and always do what I say.
- Curious: I am always learning and growing.
- Positive: I am encouraging to others.
Job location: Virtual
Real Leaders did not need to pivot and learn to work remotely when the pandemic hit, since we have always been a virtual team. All members of the Real Leaders team work remotely from their chosen location in North America. We welcome you to work from any place that you feel comfortable in as long as you have a reliable high-speed internet connection.
This role offers a competitive salary, and employee benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K plan with a percentage company match, paid vacation and holidays, plus additional health and wellness benefits.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Real Leaders is an advocate for the value of diversity to drive innovation and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support and encourage workplace diversity.