CEOs are asking, “How can we increase employee retention and engagement?”
Maybe that’s the wrong question.
What if you asked: “What are our employees grateful for?”
How would your employees respond to these statements?
- I am respected by my boss
- My manager helps me to learn and grow
- I have the tools and the necessary training to succeed
- I am motivated to do my best
- I trust my manager and the company’s senior executives
- The company deals with employee issues honestly and fairly
- I am valued for my ideas, my talents, and my diversity
People stay where they are wanted, respected, and appreciated. If you answer “Yes” to five or more – CONGRATULATIONS – your employees are grateful for more than just their paycheck.