Aerica Banks suggested on Ep. 59 of the Real Leaders podcast that the unconscious bias is to blame for today’s lack of diversity and inclusion.
1. Nathalie Molina Nino on how she is leading the next tech giants to be female-owned and operated
2. Kevin Maggiacomo, CEO of SVN Intn’l, “many organizations aren’t tapping into 100% of the talent pool and are only focused on half (men).”
3. Dr. John Whyte of WebMD who claims there’s a lack of diversity in medical research studies.
4. Andie and Al Kraemer, Authors of It’s Not You It’s The Workplace
5. Aerica Banks, former Google head of patent policy, legal diversity, and equity inclusion at Google, and now Public Policy and Social Impact Manager at Pinterest.
Jump to a section:
- Starting Out of School vs. Waiting
- Building Culture in A Startup
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Empowering Women & Marginalized Entrepreneurs
- Ethics & Responsible Business
- Creating A Market Presence
- Getting Investors To Invest In Your Startup
- Diverse Funding & Financing Strategies
- The Business Case for Sustainability
- Pivoting & Adapting
- Leadership, Communication, and Storytelling Skills
- Family Business
- Practicing Mindfulness & Seeking Work-life Balance